Abrahams is a cosy café on the top floor of the George Fisher store. Georg Fisher offer premium outdoor kit for any adventure. With stunning views of the surrounding fells, we’ve been an outdoor adventure destination since 1957 with families visiting generation after generation.
We are looking for a Manager of our Café and Kitchen to inspire and delight our café visitors with good home-cooked, locally sourced food. Abrahams has a small but tasty menu that has provided delight and sustenance for walkers, runners and families alike.
We’re in need of a menu make over and are looking for someone who can evolve our offering to suit the changing face of our customers needs and wants as well as changes to the shopping experience. This is a permanent full time role working 5 days out of 7. The café is open 9am – 5pm, Monday through Saturday and 10:30-4:00pm on Sunday. The café can seat 40 people, we have our own customer toilets in the shop and being on the top floor it is only accessible by the internal staircase. Trade is seasonal and we are looking to maximise our opportunity throughout the year.
You would need to have the following:
• Previous management experience of a Kitchen and Café ideal.
• People management skills for 8 employees including experience with staff rota’s and holidays, recruitment and training of staff with support from the General Manager.
• A passion for food and seasonal menu changes.
• Ordering and stock control management.
• Allergen awareness and the ability to prepare allergy menu’s i.e. gluten free, lactose intolerant,
• Have a passion for offering tasty, varied and inspiring Vegan and Vegetarian dishes.
• Responsible for health and safety in both café and kitchen
• Reporting to the General Manager, agreeing to and managing sales budgets and an ability to improve profitability and plan ahead.
We are a family friendly shop and café and looking for someone who will continue our strong heritage of being the best outdoor destination in Keswick for both shopping and enjoying good wholesome hearty food.
Please apply via the email address below including an up to date C.V and covering letter outlining why you think you would be suitable for the role.
firstname.lastname@example.org please put Manager of Abraham’s Café and Kitchen
Download your Application Form HERE
Closing date: 30th November, 2019