Very versatile, lightweight, compact, D-shaped locking carabiner
Sm'D is a D-shaped locking carabiner that is lightweight, and compact, and can be used in numerous situations; it is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves.
- D shape guarantees efficiency in any situation, thus responding to multiple uses: connection to a belay system to a pulley, or to the end of a lanyard.
- compact and very lightweight
Good handling and ergonomics:
- D shape for good handling
- H profile contributes to better grip when wearing gloves
- Keylock system to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- hole allows a Petzl TIBLOC or MICRO TRAXION to be connected to the carabiner with a cord, making these devices loss-proof
Available in two versions* - with different locking systems, each for different situations:
- SCREW-LOCK: easy-to-open system, locking or not, according to the need of the user.
The red band provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked.
This system is suitable for difficult environments where contaminants (mud, ice) could cause an automatic locking system to jam.
Certification(s): CE EN 12275, UIAA
Reference: M39A SL
Weight: 46 g
Locking system: SCREW-LOCK
Major axis strength: 23 kN
Minor axis strength: 8 kN
Open gate strength: 7 kN
Gate opening: 20 mm
Guarantee: 3 years
The other version* of this karabiner is a TWIST-LOCK: specifically for use when quick opening is key (e.g. at the end of a lanyard) and when connecting a GRIGRI to your harness.
Petzl Karabiner Sm'D Screwgate Orange
For orders below £30 it's currently a very reasonable £3.50 charge.
* We are currently unable to offer an international order/delivery service. Delivery to BFPO usually counts as UK mainland, though (and some BFPO locations are also VAT-exempt).
Orders received by us before 12 Noon are sent by Royal Mail First Class Post or via our courier - depending on their size, weight, value and destination.
Orders received by us from Monday to Noon on Friday are usually delivered the next working day (working days are defined as Monday to Friday, inclusive).
Orders received by us from Friday afternoon to Noon on Monday are generally delivered on Tuesday.
Please note: We usually contact you personally to clarify delivery instructions for larger / more expensive items. This can add a short delay in despatching your order.
For Click & Collect: Please bring order confirmation, the card used for purchase and photo ID to collect your order from our Keswick store during normal opening hours. Please allow 2 working days.